Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sofia Vergara Under Fire


Sofia Vergara is one of the funniest and sexiest women on TV but does she exaggerate her heavy Colombian accent in order to fit certain stereotypes. 



The 29-year old has appeared in two Tyler Perry movies but her breakout role as Gloria Prichett on Modern Family has earned her numerous Emmy and Golden Globe nominations however the voluptuous actress is under scrutiny from the Latino community for 'exaggerating' her accent. 


Vergara has been pretty vocal about her accent and admits that sometimes she talks and she doesn't even understand what she is saying: 

"I've been here for 16 years but I can't get rid of my accent, I've tried but I'm too old! My son goes from English to Spanish like it's nothing. He's 19, he speaks perfect English he's amazing. He's so annoyed by my English he doesn't understand."


Whether or not she does it intentionally it's certainly working for her, just this year alone she has managed to a voice a character in The Smurfs Movie and is set to star in The Three Stooges alongside Jennifer Hudson and Glee's Sue Sylvester, Jane Lynch.  

Speaking of Glee Watch Vergara spoof Sue Sylvester in her FUNNY OR DIE skit below: 
      


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text

 
Blogger Templates