Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Cover Story: Cristiano Ronaldo



Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the most celebrated soccer players in the world. His worldwide appeal has landed him the cover of this month's GQ.

The 28 year-old soccer star is often photographed driving fast cars and having Russian super model, Irina Shayk at his side. But for this interview, Ronaldo is rather candid and speaks freely about his life before football. And also opens up about his relationship with his son.

Ronaldo explains why he's kept his private life private:  

At times, my chosen career forces me to put up a wall between myself and others, but my character hasn't changed.

About the criticism he faces off and on the pitch:
I'm not the type of person who, when I get things wrong, seeks out criticism in the newspapers and on TV. But criticism is part of our trade; we have to live with it. The thing that hurts more is criticism for matters outside the pitch.



On life before soccer:
I have absolutely no memories of what my life was like before discovering football. I always had a ball with me: at school, on the street, everywhere.

On whether or not his son, Cristiano Ronaldo Jr. will follow in his father's footsteps:


That depends on him. I'd like it, but if he decides not to, it's no problem. I'll respect his choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text

 
Blogger Templates