Social Icons

Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Skylar Grey Starts Working On A New Album With New Found Freedom


The dark and haunting, Skylar Grey is set to begin work on her 2nd studio album.

The 28 year-old, Grey, released a statement to her fans, opening up about her 'LIVE FREE OR DIE' motto.

"I promised myself that when I hit 28 I would never compromise myself again for anyone. So as I start this new album cycle, I'm the most excited I've ever been to create, because this time it's going to be an outpouring of my purest art and authentic self, both musically and visually.



As a young malleable female artist, I fell victim to people in the biz who said things like, "you should be darker," or, "sing harder," or, "dress sexier," or, "dress more feminine," or, "sing happier songs," or of course my favorite, "we need a radio smash."

But I'm too old for that bullshit now, and fortunately just in time for my 28th birthday, I got the blessing from my team to do whatever the fuck I want"

Although Skylar's debut album 'Don't Look Down' debtued at #8 on the Billboard 200 the album did produce multiple gems like 'Back From The Dead' and fan favourite 'Religion'



Either way, you simply can't dismiss the incredible writing genius Skylar is and we can't wait to see what her and her longtime producer, Alex da Kid cook up for us this time round!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text

 
Blogger Templates